The Conjuring Clarity writing course is the magic elixir you need to create a solid foundation from which to start writing your book.
After working with thousands of college students for two decades as well as private clients, Johnnie Mazzocco discovered that before people can put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard to start writing a book, there are other skills and beliefs they need to to create the necessary foundation to be successful.
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to write a novel, memoir, or non-fiction self-help/business book.
- Week 1 | Planning - Anticipating blocks/obstacles and taking pre-emptive action
- Week 2 | Scheduling - The power of time banking and calendaring (and discovering this type is best for you)
- Week 3 | Mindset - A look at how Abundance/Growth and Scarcity/Fixed mindsets show up in writing, and the myth of writer's block
- Week 4 | Committing - What it really looks like to commit to writing a book (and how the people in your life are part of the plan)
- Week 5 | Your people - How to define and deeply develop characters (for fiction and memoir) OR your Ideal Reader (for non-fiction self-help/business)
- Week 6 | Backstory - Understanding the detailed histories of your people
- Week 7 | Opening scene + Inciting incident (for fiction and memoir) OR The Big Question (your Ideal Reader's) and your answer
- Week 8 | Your first three chapters (setting the stage for fiction and memoir) OR your Table of Contents (creating the structure for non-fiction self-help/business)
Johnnie is a published fiction writer, award-winning screenwriter, and filmmaker, as well as a book content developer, developmental editor, speaker, and all around writing maven. She seeks to assist other creative souls who wish to share their stories and ideas and collectively take part in the project of healing the world.
She's also an adjunct professor of writing and pop culture at Portland State University, and she holds degrees in Fiction Writing, English/Film Studies, Women’s Studies, and Digital Arts.
When she's not snowshoeing the beautiful Oregon backcountry, hiking to a waterfall, or dancing, you’ll find her at home with a book or her most recent TV or movie binge, getting comfy with Iris, her feline familiar.
Frequently Asked Questions
You've just completed the Conjuring Clarity writing course. We hope you have gained the knowledge you need to feel confident and committed about beginning the journey to write your book.
We wish you magical success in getting your meaningful stories and brilliant ideas onto the page and out into the world, and we hope to see you at future course offerings!
Sending you mad writing mojo...
Johnnie and Team